RECOVERY: Daily Operations and RESTART during COVID-19 Pandemic
Employee Training & Education Plan
2.Employee Training & Education Plan (5/1/2020)
Provide education and training materials in an easy to understand format and in the appropriate language and literacy level for all employees, including VOSHA training and like fact sheets and posters,CDCEach employee shall be informed and trained, and the employer shall document the following per VDH, CDC and OSHA/VOSHA Guidelines (links below):
- Preparedness plan (based on this plan)
- Understanding how COVID-19 is spread
- How the facility was prepared/cleaned prior to restart
- Frequency and methods for disinfecting/cleaning facility each day / shift
- Frequency and methods for disinfecting/cleaning work surfaces, materials and gloves to do so
- Methods for personal hygiene – washing hands for at least 20 seconds, avoiding touching face, etc.
- Supply and use of COVID-19 PPE - when, where and how to use
- Monitoring and screening methods per guidelines
- Training and Action Plan for an employee testing positive for COVID-19
- Training and Action Plan for an employee testing positive for COVID-19 returning to work
- Hold weekly COVID-19 preparedness meetings led by a senior manager - ideally the CEO, CSO, COO, HR, and/or Site Manager - to review the latest CDC guidelines, federal/state/local reopening guidelines and requirements, PPE and COVID-19 cleaning supply inventories, and confirmed case reaction plans.
Sign in to add your comment.
Vermont is restarting and there's a lot to know and do.
Manufacturers take the safety of employees, their families and their communities very seriously.
In addition to the guidance from CDC, OSHA, Vermont Department of Health and VOSHA, the REOPENING PLAN has been created with input from the policies and practices of many local, national and global manufacturers who are currently operational. And who have generously shared their experiences, resources and time. You can even find editable postings and templates so you dont have to find or make them yourself.
The moderated forum is dynamic, and just like the Manufacturing, Fulfillment and Distribution sectors, it becomes stronger and more relevant because of the collaboration and engagement of all of us. So Accept the invitation!